a

a

Saturday, April 22, 2017

A Few Further Words About Upcoming Publications

In which Nick shares further news about his soon-to-be-published pastiche.


*


Hello, Internet! As I mentioned last time, I was going to keep things purposefully vague about my soon-to-be-published Sherlockian short story. However, I am excited to announce that we are today exactly one month away from publication of The MX Book of New Sherlock Holmes Stories: Volume VI. And, as a result, I thought I would drop some hints and (hopefully) whet your appetites for this great collection.




My story is one of 35 - making this volume the largest in the MX series so far, and the whole book comes in somewhere near 700 pages in length! As for my entry in the anthology, it is entitled “The Adventure of the Traveling Corpse.” Set in 1890, Holmes and Watson are consulted by an old woman who has come to Baker Street in a frantic state. A stranger to the city, the woman disembarked her train and, getting lost very quickly, stumbled upon a most horrifying sight: two figures in the dark carrying a dead body into a hansom cab. Of course, the Great Detective’s interest is piqued and he begins a investigation which quickly becomes more complex than he could have anticipated.

I have never had to write an official pitch for a story before so I hope that that was satisfactory in enticing you. As I have mentioned before, it was a true honor to be included in this collection. And, I am excited to announce that another one of my stories is slated to be released in Volume VII which you can expect to be released this fall. I am also working on stories for Volumes VIII and IX. But, all of that is discussion for another time. Until then…

...The Game is Still Afoot Back on Baker Street

No comments:

Post a Comment